Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Friday, September 13, 2013

What's a Cruise Night?

I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I had almost talked myself out of posting again today since I have so much to do before leaving town for a big football weekend in Nacogdoches.  But I have big news to get you guys in on.  If you are on Facebook then you may have already seen an invitation from me for a Cruise Night that I'll be hosting on October 11th.  If you are not on Facebook, expect to get an invitation in the mail in the next few weeks.

Now, if you are not a veteran of the cruising world, you might be thinking... What's a Cruise Night?  I've only been to three over the years and I seriously thought that each of them could have been much better. The first one I went to was at a convention center and felt about as personal as a convention.  The second I went to was at a private home.  I kept thinking throughout the night, this would be much better if there were at least a pool or if the rum punch had a little more punch to it.  The third was at a Jaguar dealership which was a little cool because it is the one and only time I'll probably ever get a chance to walk into a Jaguar dealership without the guys meeting me at the door and asking me what kind of business I have with them while my Kia is parked out front.

I hope that mine will be much better than any of those seemed to me.  But time will tell.  Mine will be at he Coffee House Cafe.  If you know me well, you probably get tired of hearing about Coffee House.  But I love it!  I love the food, I love the atmosphere and I love the patio!  We'll be on the patio unless it rains in which case they have a private room that we'll be able to use.  The patio has one of those really big stone fire places that will be lit for the occasion and my friend Jenny has already volunteered to help me decorate.  But I still haven't answered your question, have I.

What's a Cruise Night?

Well, a cruise night is an opportunity to learn all about cruises for the upcoming year, to ask questions, speak with other people who may have been on cruises in the past and can give you insight.  You can pick up brochures and other materials for cruise lines that you are interested in or possibly have never even heard of. You may hear about a few special cruise deals that are coming up.  You can just socialize, have some great snacks, a few drinks and sit back and watch me sweat as I try to come up with something witty and urbane to say to the crowd.  Of course there will be a few door prizes.  So that's kind of fun.  But watching me sweat is probably more fun.

I still have a lot of planning to do to get ready for this.  I'm going to be calling some of my Business Development Managers on Monday to see if I can get any great things to give those of you attending.  I hope to have a lot of wonderful opportunities for you.  I think it's going to be a lot of fun and if all else fails, you get some free food from the best cafe in the area.  If you don't believe me just ask the readers of The Observer and D Magazine.

Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment