Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Big Happenings!

Good morning travelers and those who want to be!  I'm starting to gear up for several things. Chronologically the first is my Cruise Night which, in case you have been hiding under a rock somewhere and have not been inundated with multiple announcements, has been scheduled for Friday, October 11th at 6:30 PM at the Coffee House Cafe which is located at 6150 Frankford Ave. in Dallas. The evening will include free gifts, fabulous door prizes, hor d'oeuvres, Amazeballz, a live band and a cash bar in addition to some excellent information from everybody's favorite travel agent!  (If for some weird reason you have not "liked" Places You'll Go Travel on Facebook and would like a paper invitation, send your mailing address to susmeyers@yahoo.com or just like Places You'll Go Travel on Facebook. C'mon a little technology never hurt anyone!)

Another thing I am gearing up for is bridal shows!  I am scheduled for two of them in January.  I'm very excited and have started learning as much as possible about the planning of destination weddings.  Now, I do not expect to ever be a destination wedding expert dealing ONLY in destination weddings and honeymoons. But I do plan to be able to offer that option and create the best experience possible for any brides who would be willing to entrust their special day to me.  Even though I have never been married myself, I've been mentally planning my own destination wedding for about the last 30 years.  So, I probably have some pretty extensive expertise in the back of my brain somewhere.

But my real excitement for these bridal shows is in creating dream honeymoons.  I've had the opportunity in the last year to plan several honeymoons and I can tell you without a doubt that the only people who derive pleasure from my planning of the trips more than me is the couple themselves!  The bridal shows in which I am participating will be on January 5th at the Plano Convention Center and January 19th at the Dallas Convention Center.  So, if you live in the Metroplex or plan to visit and are planning a wedding sometime in the next year or so, stop by my booth and see me.  There is no entry fee to get into the bridal shows and it's a great opportunity to see more than 100 bridal vendors ranging from gowns to honeymoons in a single day.

Now, in between those two bridal shows I'll be going on a Caribbean Cruise out of Houston on board the Caribbean Princess which leaves January 11th for 7 nights.  It's one of the other things I am gearing up for in addition to a November 10th 3 day cruise out of Miami on RCCL's Vision of the Seas.   These two events are considerably more fun than the others but require no less effort on my part.  After all, the November 10th cruise is a Royal Caribbean "Seminar at Sea" in which I'll be learning all I can about the ship, the cruise line and everything they do.  So, I'm just going to go ahead and call this cruise "work".... wink wink....  I mean seriously.... How much work can anyone do on a cruise ship if they aren't actually a crew member?  So okay, maybe it's a working vacation.  The January 11th cruise, on the other hand, is all pleasure and I fully intend to treat it that way especially since the day I get home, I will pack my car up to spend the next full day in the Dallas Convention Center talking to thousands of brides about potential destination weddings and honeymoons.

So as you can see, the next few months will be very full for me as I work with current clients on amazing trips while planning and executing events to build the business.  It's an exciting time at Places You'll Go Travel. Yesterday was the 1st anniversary of the opening of my business! It's officially been the best year of my life. That's not to say that I haven't had plenty to worry about and I haven't worked very hard.  But it's hard to complain about any of that when you have the job of your dreams.

Have a terrific Thursday.  I'm going to spend the next few hours on a Royal Caribbean Webinar.

No comments:

Post a Comment