Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I'd Rather be ANYWHERE Than In My Kitchen

If you were looking for some serious reading about a great location today and thought you would come to my blog to fulfill that need, there are two things working against you today.


  1. I overslept.
  2. I have to get back into my kitchen to paint the walls.
You see here's the deal.  I painted the ceiling yesterday.  I had to run a bunch of errands first and I couldn't start painting until around 4 anyway since I had to wait 24 hours after patching the ceiling.  So, I quickly painted it between 4 and 6.  My kitchen/breakfast room ceiling is only about 190 square feet and everything was already taped off.  It took a full gallon of white ceiling paint.  And when I was finished I was confident that I hadn't missed a single spot.  Then last night as I talked to a friend on the phone, I walked in the kitchen and noticed a number of really big spots that looked like I hadn't even come close to them with paint.  UGH!!!!  I had already removed all the tarps and was preparing to paint walls today!  

So as we continued to talk, I turned lights on and with the lights on things looked much better.  I almost had myself completely convinced that the entire problem had been that shadows were being cast while the lights were off.  But alas.... this morning I see huge areas that I did cover, but they do need another coat.  This will require re-taping walls and cabinets and going back for another gallon of ceiling paint.  Then being another day behind on painting walls......  So the issue becomes, do I:
  1. Re-do the ceiling today and not do the walls until tomorrow knowing that my parents will be here Friday afternoon and if there are any problems tomorrow, this whole thing could move into Friday?
  2. Go ahead and paint the walls today, allow everything to dry over the weekend then tape off the walls, cabinets and re-tarp the floors on Monday and re-do the ceiling?
I'm leaning toward #2.  While it will be more difficult in the long run, I can live with splotchy ceilings over the weekend and I really don't know if I can face taping walls and cabinets again today so that ceiling paint doesn't splatter on them.  Also, I have a hair appointment tomorrow so my day will be cut in half.  

So now you see why I'd rather be anyplace than my kitchen.  So let me show you a few of those places I'd rather be....

Yes, I'd rather be standing on Waikiki gazing at Diamond Head.


Ummmm... Yeah, I would rather be on the Anahulu Stream Bridge....  Preferably going north.

I don't know if I could tolerate being on this South Shore beach when my kitchen is soooo inviting....

Nu'uanu Pali Lookout or my kitchen.... you decide....

Oh!  Now see here's a tough one... the balcony of Breezes in George Town, Grand Cayman overlooking the tender harbor or my kitchen...  Gonna be a close call.

Margaritaville... Any Margaritaville....
Sting Ray City?  Even if the rays are in a bad mood.  Still better than my kitchen.


Another Margaritaville to consider.... Ummmm.... yeah, I'm in.

The cruise terminal at Falmouth, Jamaica?  Sure, let's go!

All the tranquility, peace and quiet of Muir Woods vs. the hell of my kitchen, it's a no brainer.


Anywhere in San Francisco as the fog rolls in?  Ok, I'll tough it out.

A 1.7 mile walk across the Golden Gate Bridge?   Sure!

Capt. Tony's with a whole band of pirates.  Can't wait!

Anywhere on or near Duval St.?  Who are we kidding, I'll race you to the airport.

Key West even in a soaking rain.  Sure, I'm on vacation who cares what I look like?


Any nook or cranny of Barcelona.  Okie Dokie!

Sagrada La Familia.... Anytime, day or night.

Any European Market?  Sure as long as they have samples.


Sunset in Sitges?  Yeppers!

Any alleyway in Eze?  Count me in.
The Trevi Fountain?  Tough one, but okay, fine.


St. Peter's Basilica?  I don't know... looks a little cold.  But ok, I'll tough it out.

The Amalfi Coast....  I don't know this might be where I have to draw the line....  The kitchen has GOT to be better than this horrible place, right?  Notsomuch........

Okay, I think I've had enough coffee and goofing off in front of my computer now.  So, I am going to tackle the kitchen.  FYI....  I did decide on option 2.  So, I'll be painting walls today and putting off the ceiling until next week.  Have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment