Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Monday, August 19, 2013

Cruise Searching Time!

Hmmm....  I think my parents are a bad influence on me.  I told them about shopping for an April birthday cruise the other night while I was upset about my plumbing problem and they said, they wanted to go sooner than April.  So now we are looking at doing a Princess cruise out of Houston between November and February.  So today I will begin shopping for the least expensive 7 night cruise leaving from Houston during that time period.

My dad and I like taking winter Caribbean cruises for the same reason.  You leave Texas while the temperature is kind of cold and miserable and wake up the next morning to 80 degrees and sunny.  I'm not a cold weather person.  I'd be happy if the temp was 85 degrees here all year long.  So, at the first signs of winter, I start thinking about getting away to the Caribbean.  I think one of my all time favorite memories from a Caribbean cruise was walking around the market area once in Costa Maya and overhearing someone's phone conversation with a family member back home in Austin as they were being told that there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground.  I was sweating at the time and was so happy to be shopping for Mexican chotchkies in the 90 degree sunshine.

We're going to look at Princess cruises for a couple of reasons.  I've only been on one Princess cruise and I'm interested in doing it again.  The first one I went on was out of Galveston probably 10 years ago.  Mom and Dad's Alaskan cruise was on Princess.  My single experience with Princess was really nice so I'd like to see what's changed, if anything.  Mom and Dad loved their Alaskan cruise with Princess but it also was several years ago.  So we are all anxious to see if Princess is still as nice as we remember.  The other reason for looking at Princess for this cruise is that Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas will be in dry dock for the entire month of January which is one of the prime months we are looking at going.  So that will limit options on Royal Caribbean.  That's not to say that we definitely won't do Royal Caribbean.  If it turns out to be the best deal and the timing is right, it is not out of the question.

Anyway, once I find an inexpensive week to go, I will let all of you know.  I think it would be a lot of fun to know 10 or 20 people on the ship.  The most people I've ever known on a ship I have been on was my last cruise.  I knew 8 people on that one.  It was kind of fun to run into someone that you know from your everyday life on an excursion or while walking around the ship.  And the nice thing about ships is that they are sort of like Vegas.  What happens on the ship stays on the ship.

I'm going to get busy now searching for cruises.  You guys have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment