Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Saturday, March 29, 2014

New Office Equipment!

For those of you who have received travel documents from me recently with printer ink smeared all over them or big blotches of printer ink in the lower right hand corner, you'll be happy to know that I finally got my new printer yesterday.  I guess I'm going to have to consider it a birthday present to myself.  After all, I used my Best Buy 10% off birthday coupon on it.

I kept putting off the purchase of this printer hoping that I would be able to use up all the ink cartridges that I had on hand or at least get them all in it before I put the old printer out to pasture.  After all, Epson printer cartridges are where the expense is if you own an Epson printer.  But it was like that allusive chip to dip ratio when you are at a Super Bowl party.... It just never works out.  I would finally be down to only 1 black cartridge when I would simultaneously run out of magenta and cyan at the same time.  Well, buying both of those individually is more expensive than buying a pack with those two colors plus yellow in it.  So, I'd fall for that evil print cartridge scheme and buy the pack. Then I'd have a spare yellow lying around when I finally got that last black cartridge in. Then I use so much black ink that I ran out of black again before the yellow went in.....  It's a vicious cycle.  But I finally got out of the cycle yesterday and I only have two unused black ink cartridges (Epson 69) if anybody is interested in buying them... I'll even throw in an Epson All in One printer for free.... It just leaves big black splotches of ink on the lower right hand corner of every other page it prints.  Plus it kinda tries to eat the lower right hand corner of the paper before releasing it.

The new printer is an HP 6600, I specifically chose an HP because the ink cartridges were less expensive than Epson ink cartridges.  This baby does everything!  I can print on it when I'm away from home using my Nook, Droid or laptop. I can scan, copy and fax.  I'm pretty sure that after it copies my clients travel documents, it will slide them into an envelope and carry them to the post office for me.  Best of all, it hasn't attempted to eat a single piece of paper so far.  So, I'm thinking HP has got themselves a winner with this one.

So anyway, that's the big news in the travel biz this morning.  Now if I send you an envelope of travel documents, you don't need to put rubber gloves on before opening it.  It's a win.  It's going to be another busy day at Places You'll Go Travel.  I'm hoping to hear back from a couple of clients today who are traveling this summer so that we can get their travel booked before the big KHM - Funjet sales ends next week. A $100 discount on your beach vacay is nothing to scoff at!

Have a great Saturday!  Happy Travels!


No comments:

Post a Comment