Margaritaville

Margaritaville
Margaritaville - Cozumel, Mexico

Friday, January 10, 2014

What's the Word for Parental Recovery Trip Following a Wedding?

It has been a super busy week at Places You'll Go Travel!  I worked a bridal show last Sunday.  I will tell you that working a booth at a bridal show by yourself is hard work.  But it has seriously paid off.  I have several new clients already whose honeymoons I am working on.  Many of the brides attending the show still don't have a wedding date set.  So I am hopeful that there will be many more honeymoons to come from this show.

Honeymoon planning is a lot of fun.  One of the nice things about planning and booking honeymoons is that as a travel agent I get to plan little surprises for the happy couples.  Most all inclusive resorts have honeymoon packages that don't cost a penny extra for the couple.  I just make a note on their reservation that it's a honeymoon and then when they check in, they have to prove that they were married in the last 30 to 90 days depending on the resort's policy and then the freebies start coming in.  They'll receive anything from free upgrades, to bottles of champagne and breakfast in bed.  Sometimes, they'll get all of the above. And the groom who is generally responsible for the honeymoon can take total credit for it scoring tons of points with the new wife.  

One of the things I discovered in talking to attendees at this bridal show that I was unaware of before is that a lot of mom's and dad's of the bride apparently plan a little vacation for themselves immediately following the wedding to get away following the rigors of being a parent of a bride.  Based on the expressions of many father's of bride's last Sunday, I would say that the only thing more stressful than being a bride is being the parent of one.  So I can see how they would have a need for a little R & R after the wedding.  

The problem is that I don't know what these get aways are called other than just vacations.  But vacation doesn't really cover it.  On my ad for an upcoming bridal show at the Dallas Convention Center on January 19th, I list some of the things I can book for brides and grooms, you know, like destination weddings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and honeymoons.  But I was talking to a friend the other day about the bridal show and said that I had gotten a lot of interest from parents and she said, I needed to come up with a name for those trips parents take after a wedding.  I totally agree.  But I have been racking my brain for a couple of days and I have nothing.  So I'm going to enlist your help.  I need a concise but descriptive name for a parents of a bride or groom recovery trip to use on my next ad.  There's a copy of my ad for the upcoming show at the top of this blog. This word or phrase would be listed along with the other services I perform. This name needs to be one or two words, it can be a made up word (I'm sure honeymoon wasn't always a word) that people will be able to figure out means, recovery trip for parents.

The person who can gives me the word or phrase that I eventually use, will get a free personalized luggage tag.  You know you have been dying for one of those!  You can comment at the bottom of today's blog, or you can comment on Facebook or even on my Google+ page or Twitter with your word or phrase.  Or if you have a really great one that you think could win this thing and don't want to share it with everybody else, you can send me a private message or email me.  I'll judge the contest on January 18th.  In the event that two people send in the same idea, the person to send theirs in first will win.  

So, have fun with it.  Be creative!  But be careful!  I don't want anyone getting their brain in a knot from thinking too hard.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment